What is Chemical Safety?
Chemical safety essentially determines the presence of hazardous substances in products or materials. This can be achieved by quantifying the concentration of a specific hazardous substance present in the material or the level of exposure that occurs when subjected to simulations of use.
Why Chemical Testing?
Chemical safety has many scientific and technical components. Among these are toxicology, ecotoxicology and the process of chemical risk assessment which requires a detailed knowledge of a detailed knowledge of exposure and of biological effects. As such, regulations and requirements are also constantly changing and expanding.
It can be confusing to keep up to date on this ever-changing and ever-expanding list of national, regional, and international regulations on the safe and proper use of chemicals, but it is essential for any growing business.
How can GICG help?
GICG helps customers to identify the chemical risks of their products and provide reliable analytical testing and results to:
- Avoid damage to customers’ reputations from unintentional use of unsafe substances or raw materials;
- Avoid unnecessary monetary losses due to product recalls or fines from regulatory bodies and;
- Ensure easy access to markets through verification of compliance to intended national, regional or international regulations.
Chemical Safety testing services provided by GICG include (but are not limited to) analyses of:
- Heavy Metals
- Flame Retardants
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- Food Contact Materials (FCM)
GICG also provides Chemical Safety testing services to help customers ensure conformance to the requirements of:
- Consumer Protection Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA)
- Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC)
- California Proposition 65 (CA Prop 65)
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)
- Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH)
- Substance of Very High Concern (SVHC)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- Automotive End-of-Life (ELV)