SA8000 is an international standard that helps organizations to develop, maintain and apply socially acceptable workplace practices. This standard is developed by Social Accountability International (SAI), an affiliate of the Council on Economic Priorities, and is viewed as the most globally applicable workplace standard. It measures the performance of organizations in eight key areas: child labour, forced labour, health and safety, freedom of association and right to collective bargaining, discrimination, disciplinary practices, working hours and remuneration.
SA 8000 Social Accountability Management Systems (SAMS)
SA 8000 SAMS will help you:
- Improve your relationship with the local government, NGOs, and trade unions.
- Build trust with the analysts and investors when evaluated against social performance.
- Enhance corporate image and position in the labour market.
- Demonstrate commitment to treating employees ethically and in compliance with global standards.
- Support corporate vision and reinforce the loyalty of employees, customers, and stakeholders
- Gain a marketing advantage â this certification demonstrates proper social accountability when bidding for international contracts or expanding locally to accommodate new business.
The formula to a more productive organisation with better and happier employees lies in your decision making.
Certification of management system serves as excellent marketing tools, enhancing brand recognition, and instilling greater confidence among your business partners and end customers.
Â Globally, GICGâs logo is widely recognised and respected as a trusted symbol of quality, safety and sustainability.